Oct 4, 2010

A busy week!

Blog…

The past week has been one of the best EVER. J Mostly the best parts were Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
Tuesday & Wednesday
I went to FOCUS day. Before I went I was super nervous. All in all I shouldn’t have worried in the least… lol… I got up really early, had breaky and then Mom drove me to my best friend’s house. From there we went to Air, which is where FOCUS day was held. My best friend, Emily and her sister Leanne went as well as their mom, who helped out in the kitchen. In the morning we had a topic thingy and then we were supposed to have a workshop but half of them were supposed to be outside [sports etc.] so almost everyone just sat around and played games, however I was covered because my first workshop was photography so I got to stay inside. It was great and I learned a lot about photography. J After that we had lunch & free time. I did my assignment from my photography class, took a bunch of planned photos. [I’ll add them at the bottom.] It was still raining but the rain kind of helped make better pics, because the rain drops added a great aspect to most of my pictures. After that we had another topic and then another workshop. This one was soccer. It was still raining but I decided to play anyway, and it turned out to be a blast J. From soccer I went back to photography again and everyone submitted three of their pictures which were all shown at the end of the day in a slideshow. After photography we had supper and everyone was in a group, their group colour and number on their name tags, and whatever group was ready first got to eat first. That was when I met 4 amazing guys. After that we kind of all hung out for the rest of the night. We ate supper together, and then after we played dodgeball, sat together through the last topic… it was great fun :D After about 8:00pm everyone started leaving and I went home with Emily and slept over there and the next morning I baked brownies and some other kind of square for them as a thank-you. And because I really had nothing else to do… :P Around 1:00 my mom picked me up again and we went home.





Thursday
Basically I went shopping and got a hair cut… doesn’t seem very exciting, eh? Well shopping was fun cuz I got jewelry and SHOES! J lol… And the haircut was exciting because I got to see my hairdresser, who is amazing :D. And I hadn’t seen her in like FOREVER. Anyway… :P
Saturday
It was my grandparent’s 50th wedding anniversary celebration. Lot’s of fun! At 8:45am I went to my hairdresser’s again to get an up-do J it was absolutely gorgeous! I was not in any way disappointed. Not that I expected to be… lol. I came back home after that and did some laundry and ironing until about 12:00. Then I went to the church where the open house and dinner were being held. We were supposed to have family pictures at 1:00 at a really neat old museum school but it was raining again so we had them done inside the church. Anyway. They still went well. After that from 3-5 there was an open house, and a TON of people came in. It was pretty crazy, a constant flow of people. We had supper around 6:00. It was delicious. We had a variety of buns and two salads, a spinach salad with nuts, dried cranberries, and some kind of poppy seed dressing and a ceasar salad. Both which were delicious. Then a butternut squash soup with a garnish of parsley and sour cream. After that came the main course which consisted of roast beef and/or chicken with cheese and ham inside [the name has slipped my mind] mashed potatoes, various vegetables, and more buns. For desert my cousin [who is a baker, specializing in cakes] made a replica of their original wedding cake. It was all delicious. After that everyone sat around and visited and had wine and some food from a side table of various delicacies. All in all it was fantastic, I got to see and talk to a lot of people I haven’t seen in ages, and my grandparents especially because they live six hours north of here, in a little town called Temagami. They own and operate a camp up there called Lowell Lake Lodge. It’s a great place J But since they live way up there we don’t get to see them as often as we would otherwise. Although we probably see them more then the rest of the family because we go up so much.

Anyway! J that was my week! J I hope you all had just as good of one.

Later!
Heather aka Violet Moonbeam. 

1 comment:

  1. you should post some pics of your hair and all!!! and your pretty dress... ;)

    ReplyDelete